Monday, January 16, 2012

21st Century Highways

Matthew 22:9
Go ye therefore into the highways, and as many as ye shall find, bid to the marriage.


The charge of a born again christian is pretty simple; find people who are lost, just like you once were, and get them prepared for the marriage supper of the lamb.


The other Sunday morning Bro. Keith Fox (@K2_Fox) was preaching and he made a great point about technology and the church.  He said that the most technological tool the disciples had at their disposal were ships and they used them like crazy to spread the gospel.  


I could not agree more.  I am convinced that if Paul were alive today he would be blogging, on Twitter, Facebook, have billboards, or anything else that would help him spread the good news.


That's what this blog is going to be dedicated to; finding new ways to spread the good news.  There will be times on this blog when I just share some simple thoughts the Lord has placed on my heart.  However, for the most part, I will be sharing creative ways to share out what God is doing at your church and ways you and your church can connect with people in your community.


I hope you enjoy this blog and I'm looking forward to learning with you. Please leave comments, ask questions, and contribute in the comment section. 


For a brief introduction:  I am the Youth Pastor at Abundant Faith (@AFC_UPC) in Evansville, IN.  I am also eLearning Coach for our school district where I help teachers integrate technology into their classroom.  My wife (@Ruth_A_Clark) and I have been married for over 11 years and have 3 wonderful boys. 






No comments:

Post a Comment